Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Annnnnd He's Home!!

To say I'm a little behind on the blogging train is an understatement. While Colin was deployed we didn't do a whole lot in terms of travel and I can't say what Elin and I did to keep busy was all that exciting. Unless you count trips to the Commissary, runs with the jogger and 286 trips to the park to ride the swing, there wasn't a whole lot of blog worthy material to be written.

Anyway, we did have a great homecoming. As an aviation family this was our first ship homecoming. We're used to welcoming Colin home in hangars and airports. So it was a new experience for us. The FRG organized a wonderful pre-arrival party for the spouses and children to enjoy while we waited for the ship to pull in.


One of the first things I noticed about a ship homecoming is how darn long you have to wait! I'm used to waiting for my man to walk out of security or a helicopter to swoop in. By the time we saw the ship on the horizon it took a good thirty minutes for it to pull up to the pier. Then another hour for them to tie up and let the families on board. Still, it was pretty impressive with all the sailors manning the rails.

Colin drew the short straw and had to remain on board for the next 24 hours as the duty officer but we got to spend a few hours with him. The minute I boarded the ship Elin delivered a stinky surprise in her pants and daddy got the privilege of changing his first diaper in ten weeks. Welcome home honey!

I think I need to frame this one.                           

                                                 

While I did tell him the news when I found out we decided to craft our Facebook announcement. Dash #2 is due in November! 



 Matane,
Caitlyn

1 comment:

  1. homecomings are the best!!! how fun that you get to experience all sorts of styles of them :) love that picture of elin & colin's hug!! definitely a framer.

    ReplyDelete